CRITERIA FOR MEANINGFUL USE
The criteria for meaningful use will be staged in three steps over the course of the next five years.
- Stage 1 (2011 and 2012) sets the baseline for electronic data capture and information sharing.
- Stage 2 (expected to be implemented in 2013)
- Stage 3 (expected to be implemented in 2015) will continue to expand on this baseline and be developed through future rule making.
STEPS TO MEET MEANINGFUL USE REQUIREMENTS
To qualify for incentive payments, meaningful use requirements must be met in the following ways:
- EHR Incentive Program— Eligible professionals, eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) must successfully demonstrate meaningful use of certified electronic health record technology every year they participate in the program.
- EHR Incentive Program — Eligible professionals and eligible hospitals may qualify for incentive payments if they adopt, implement, upgrade or demonstrate meaningful use in their first year of participation. They must successfully demonstrate meaningful use for subsequent participation years.
- Adopted: Acquired and installed certified EHR technology. (For example, can show evidence of installation.)
- Implemented: Began using certified EHR technology. (For example, provide staff training or data entry of patient demographic information into EHR.)
- Upgraded:Expanded existing technology to meet certification requirements. (For example, upgrade to certified EHR technology or add new functionality to meet the definition of certified EHR technology.)
"Using Nortec EMR Software, providers are able to monitor and better manage care for patients, promote patient safety, while reducing cost and improve overall patient health because of better continuity and coordination in patient care."
Contact for Meaningful Use EHR Software DEMO.